Monday, January 09, 2006

Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

And its only 7:45am. The day started well enough, up at 4:30am got ready and out of the house by 5:00. Except for that darn contact which would not get in the eye. Cleaning after cleaning, finally it went it after many tears (not emotional just pain). Ok drive down south was uneventful, in the gym for a great workout until 7am. Into the locker room, quickly strip down to the birthday suit to jump in the shower, open the side pocket of the gym bag for my soap and shampoo, reach in and come out with an entire handful of gooey white gel. Yes you guessed it my new bottle of shampoo had opened and spread its juices all over the pocket and everything else in there. To add insult to injury through condensation or some other physics principle it had seeped through the barrier wall into the main part of the bag and now my nice clothes for the day have a bit of shampoo smell and a bit of soapy film on them.

Standing there naked and dumbfounded I am at a loss at what to do. Do I attempt to clean the bag, take a shower, or just stand there. Honestly the latter took place for a few minutes before I decided to clean the bag as best as possible scooping out gooey handful after gooey handful. Finally clean enough to go shower and get dressed, which now I have no shampoo, ironic isn’t it. Get into the car head to the office for a very busy day, grab my sports coat for a formal customer presentation later and realize I grabbed the navy blue coat as compared to my black one. Hmmm, that will look wonderful with my black pants. It is not yet 8am and boy am I just having a fantastic time! Bring it on, I can take it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are the types of days when you say.. i think it's a good day to work at home!.. Been there, done that.... and it sucks!!! There is always tomorrow to look forward to.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard about people stuck in a bus full of people going to their work? You know what, it takes them a lot more to call it a bad day.
Stop complaining about your luxurious life.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home