Thursday, September 09, 2004

From popular demand...more details

After popular demand to learn some of the more flavorful parts of the 'boys weekend', I have decided to relent and share some fun experiences. This will be in no particular order and are not meant to embaress, rather to entertain. For that reason most names will be ommitted to protect the privacy, its a 1 out of 4 guess, shouldn't be too hard for some of you out there.

One of the nights we decided (after copious drinking) that what should men do when left alone to their own devices? Why not play a game of Monopoly. Now to give credit 50% of us were married (I can honestly say I am not one of those), so we had to be careful and not offend anyone's sensibilities. So back to the game. At 11:00 we decide to begin the game after some crazy games of Texas Hold 'Em. This game was filled with amazing firsts for all of us. The first time anyone has ever tried to read the rules (and follow them), the first time every house and hotel was placed on the board, the first time Nate ever had more money than he knew what to do with, and the first time Chris was ever broke (well ok not everything was a first). The game went in circles (or was that the room spinning), with big sweaty Pedretti taking the lead and crushing Chris and I fall all we were worth. Nate, we bow in they splendor.

If you are easily offended or under the age of 18, please skip this paragraph and jump to paragraph 4. Something else we learned this weekend, Hummers (the vehicle) are quite popular in Chicago with a plethora being seen on any downtown street. One of the best lines we heard over the weekend was asked by one poor sole.
Q. You know I just don't get Hummers?
A. Of course you don't, you're married.

Bars can be one of the most expensive places that a person can ever set foot into in the evening. One because alcohol is addicting, and you can never have just one. Two because once you start a tab you completely lose track of how many drinks you have, and three because there is no arguing with a bartender over the bill because usually you are too inebriated to discuss much of anything. We would like to give major props to a wonderful barkeep in downtown Chicago who knew just the right times to come over and talk to the group, and when to just leave us to our own devices. She kept the drinks strong and cool, and the atmosphere light. Best of all she gave us a Happy Hour discount on a bar that had no Happy Hour. To you barkeep whereever you are, thank you.

I think that should give you a bit of a flavor of some of the fun times. I will also be starting something new. I will be featuring a family or friend every week in this blog. I think there are many more people much more interesting than I, so I plan on bringing some of them front and center. So stay tuned and keep leaving comments!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Matthew thru work.. now, that doesn't mean I only know him by the professional side.. I have hanged out with on a personal basis quite a few times and had great memorable times with a group of people. =p now now, don't think too dirty!

well now that I get to see his journal about the guys he hangs out with personally, I would be interested in knowing how his "love" life is going.. I know it's not really a guy thing..
(oops that just gave away which gender I would be.. but how would you know if ... no.. I'll keep my mouth shut...) =p

and since he's writing something random, thought I should post something random too!

(^_^)Y

11:45 AM  
Blogger Joe McNamara said...

Steiner that bartender did not keep the drinks strong...and how come you refused to go over to her apartment afterwards?

2:30 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Refused? I was never offered, unfortunately. She made my drinks strong enough, I guess we can't all settle for one drink an evening ;-)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Nathan Pedretti said...

Thank you for the monopoly props. It was an awesome game, and even in a slightly tipsy state, I still beleive it was the best game of monopoly ever played.

6:40 PM  
Blogger MILF said...

Okay, so even though you are posting the details, you are either keeping the married men married or you had a truly PG rated, male-bonding type of weekend. Either way, it sounds like nothing was too regrettable, which is more (or less) than I can say for myself in similar situations - but then, I'm not married, so who cares?

I have to say that I am enjoying the typos more than the actual story at times. :-) Keep up the remedial typing "Steiner"!

BTW: Where IS the love life section?

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home