Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Yoga is short for my muscles are like Yogurt

So my first Yoga class was today. Entering a dimly lit room with soft music in the background. Men, women, old, young, sweat pants, spandex, stretching on mats. Each in their own world trying to relax from their own stressful workday. No one person looking at another, until final our sensei gathers our attention to begin. Now I know the body has literally hundreds of bones and muscles, but I don’t think I have ever known most of them. Today I have discovered my long lost muscles. The realization of my lack of flexibility is a wake-up call to the desperate need to work on ones own flexibility. In other words, my flexibility is for shit, and I had better work on it.

After a relaxing hour, where one waffles between muscle quacking pain and extreme relaxation to the point of falling asleep, the class comes to a close. I walk out with a renewed sense of life and alertness, ready to take on the world. Invigorated I am ready to go out onto the town or sit down and do work for the entire evening (hopefully not part of the plan).

Can’t wait to make this a weekly event, so to all who have not experienced it, don’t laugh, try it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe McNamara said...

Yeah I was genetically engineered so that my kinetic makeup prevented any type of stretching beyond normal bounds.

You are not alone, Steiner. You are not alone...

6:12 AM  
Blogger Johnny Newt said...

I tired not to laugh. but then I did anyway.
What you need is some good old fashion viking ass kicker training, there's nothing like guzzlin' a few gallons of stout and then splittin' some friggin' skulls with a bearded axe,to rejuvinate your whole
outlook on life. Oh ,except maybee ravaging the women of the dudes whos asses you just stomped!!!! All Hail Odin! Now cut that Yogart shit out and read my blog so you can stop being a moron!!
http://notashittybloglikeyours.blogspot.com/

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home