Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving sympathy

Its time for Thanksgiving. A time for over indulging in a banquet meal, football, It’s a Wonderful Life (multiple times a day everyday until Valentine’s Day), and family. I spent most of the past two days hearing from my co-workers all their own ways of making their famous turkey. I had one who actually de-bones the entire turkey before ever cooking it. Another with a famous barbecue, while a former chef actually makes a teriyaki version. Each one is completely assured that theirs is the finest must succulent turkey ever to graze the table since the pilgrims themselves cooked over an open fire. I haven’t the heart to tell them I would much rather have a great meal of Chinese food.

Work is encountering ever more change than could be expected. I am rapidly moving to my fifth manager in only ten months at this group and I know many others are leaving to find new opportunities. I wonder sometimes if I am missing the boat if this was only meant to be a way station between improved opportunities. I don’t know if that is the way it is, I do however know that I am going to continue to do the best possible job and taking life as it is thrown to me.

Last Saturday I retested for my EMT certification and I know you will be thrilled to know I recertified. Yes with a few weeks of studying, ok lets call a spade what it is I crammed my head with every indication, contraindication and dosage needed, and well I passed. Only two more years until my next examination.

Tomorrow I take to the skies on the busiest holiday travel day in the calendar year. I have received more sympathy and remorse from others than I think I need in any form, at least not for travel. Sure it is going to be crowded, but how bad can it be? Well I will inform you once I get to Baltimore with my family. Until then everyone have a great Thanksgiving and if you are with family or friends, enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home