Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It just keeps getting better

Well yesterday didn’t get worse, didn’t get better it just kinda was. But that is ok, I can live with that, everyday doesn’t need to be a peach in the tree. I packed last night for my trip out tonight on a red-eye to Dallas while also trying to get work done that did not happen during an all day meeting. Woke up this morning at 4:30am went downstairs put backpack, gym bag, overnight bag, lunch all into the trunk and proceeded into my car. Huh, that’s funny I don’t remember leaving my glove compartment open. Ohh fuck. Yup you guessed it my wonderful fellow residents in San Francisco decided it was high time I got a taste of SF crime. They smashed in my passenger window, now as far as I can tell they only took a few things, my GPS unit that was in my glove compartment (out of sight or so I thought), and my EMT shield and ID which was in a hidden compartment (apparently they know the same hidden compartment). Call the police, ‘Yes this is silicon valley police unless you have suspect handcuffed to car please file your report on-line, have a nice day’. Knowing I have to be at work what else is there to do but drive down south. Now although this is CA it can be quite cold at 5am, in our case 45 degrees. Try driving for an hour in 45 degree weather, in your gym clothes, with your bloody window open! But you know what, still not in a bad mood. I am not thrilled, but these things happen and we move on not a big deal.

I finally get to work and call my insurance company, the Gecko company. After moving me between three or four claims officials it finally comes down, the GPS was not installed by a professional and thus is a personal item and thus not covered. As for the glass it will probably be under my deductible so also not covered. ‘Anything else we can do for you Mr. Stein?’ No I think I have been screwed over enough today, thank you very much. So now I need to see if I can find a place to replace my glass during the day today since I have to fly out of here for the next three days and don’t think it is the best idea to leave my car in an airport parking lot with a piece of plastic over the window. Of course I also need to deal with my shield and ID being stolen for my medical status, that should be equally fun. As Jim Carrey would say it is B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Maybe this year is not going to be the best year. If you happen to see a United flight go down tonight and a cessation of entries on this site, know that I went down with a smile and a laugh at good fortune.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow -- the day/week hasn't been good to you so far. Safe Travels and hope things get better for ya!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home