Monday, March 27, 2006

Never an uneventful flight

With the number of people flying on the increase and with most airlines not increasing capacity yet flights are being increasingly more full. On my standard flight to Denver they were in an oversold situation and even with all my elite status I was not only in couch but in a middle seat. I would like to point out to point out to my avid fans that yes even I have to occasionally sit in the back of the plane, and does so without complaint. Most people on planes are at least a but understanding and sympathetic to the person in the middle seat, none of us like being that person so we tend to be a bit more forgiving. So here I am in the middle seat and this ‘gentleman’ on my left is as thoughtless as they come. Both sleeping and awake his incessant kicking of my leg has left it battered and bruised. While working on his laptop his elbow seemed to find its way into my side on a number of occasions. Now granted we are in a tight confined space so a certain amount of jostling is expected, usually followed by apologetic smile maybe even a verbal remorseful recall of better days with more space on the plane. None of that was present with this ‘gentleman of the skies’. It wasn’t until approximately halfway through the flight when he popped open his sleek silver laptop to begin work did the name of his company appear in vivid detail on the desktop. Comcast. Is it no surprise that a company that treats its customers with disdain and deaf ear have employees who do the same to people they meet? Accident? I think not.

Otherwise an uneventful trip. I am out in the suburb of Saint Louis with the only thing around being a gas station and a store with the not so subtle name Lippo Dissolve. I can only imagine what wonderful things for society this business does. Maybe if I find time tonight I will wonder in for a quick cleaning, maybe come back a changed man? Alas I don’t think I will have enough time tonight.

Just another humorous anecdote on the road of just another lonely business traveler.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man.. a middle seat... sucks! hope you have better luck on the way home :-) safe travels...florence

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home