Monday, September 26, 2005

Customer Service….A little lacking

Today was my day to wait for wonderful vendors to come and help supply my new apartment with much needed urgent necessities. First would be gas, and by this I mean natural gas, as well as my internet connection. Now both PG&E as well as Comcast were supposed to be at my place by noon. PG&E was at my place bright and early at 10am ripped and ready to work. In less than 10 minutes my apartment was filled with gas and the oven was working like a champ. At 1:00pm my Comcast was still not at my apartment, neither were they there at 2 nor 3:00. Finally at 4pm he finally showed up. Keep in mind that I was supposed to be doing some real work during the day and were it not for my new Treo phone that gets corporate email I would have been completely lost. When I called Comcast they apologized but said that if not today, they would definitely be there tomorrow. Great because I have nothing else to do with my life but take off from work and spend time waiting for bad vendors to show up. When I mentioned a penalty for their tardiness they immediately agreed, apparently they have a guarantee on their service calls, the penalty, $20. So the penalty for being 4 hours late, double the amount guaranteed is barely the hourly rate for minimum wage. Clearly this will be unacceptable and I will be talking to their management concerning proper compensation.

But with all this free time during the day with no internet connection I spent much of the day cleaning my apartment, and boy is it starting to look almost liveable. Quite excited by that even if not all of my stuff will fit inside a small studio. I am pleased to say that of all my belongings the only thing I can find that did not make it in one piece was a single picture frame where the glass broke. I think a small price to pay for an entire apartment move.

So lets go to more exciting and titillating subjects, the colorful personalities of San Francisco. Apparently this weekend was the love festival which is exactly as it sounds. There were an ample number of male individuals with chaps and nothing underneath, as compared to leather thongs and briefs barely large enough to be considered a brief. I think there is a fine line between being proud of your sexuality and directly flaunting it to the entire world and then some. However, I am ok with this I understand that this is going to be the world I will be living in for the next year, but it does take some getting used to. On the other hand going to the local supermarket I can honestly say that a vast majority of the people here are single or at least not married. Whereas the preponderance of individuals in my old neighborhood were not only married but usually had children, here it is the exact reverse, definitely refreshing. If I can get past the ones that are not interested in straight men, I might actually have a chance. Here’s to that eventual opportunity, cheers.

Did you know today in 1957 West Side Story had its first opening day in Broadway. Back in my Freshman year of high school this was one of the first major productions I was ever part of, I believe I ran sound for that show, running over 2 dozen portable microphones and 16 stage mics, not to mention sound effects and all else that went into a major production. What an adventure, one of the first that brought me into the theater. As a side West Side Story in its first run played 732 consecutive showings, not so shabby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home