Thursday, September 29, 2005

What a day, what a week, what a life?

This is my first commute week from the crazy city and its really not bad. The highlight of the commute was when I was driving on one of the most congested highways in the region home from a long day, I look over to the right and stunningly a good friend of mine was driving right alongside me. I didn’t really believe it until I called his cell phone and we both shared a good laugh over it. But the best part of the commute on the way home is it’s a great time to talk to friends and family and catch up. For years I have taken calls from others who are in their commute and bored, well now is my turn. So if you happen to get a call around 5 or 6pm PST from me, it is probably not urgent, just me wanting to catch up.

Yesterday was an interesting and crazy day. Besides leaving my house at 5:15am to make it down to the south bay in time to go to they gym, then a full day at work, I had to make a return trip to the dentist. There are many people who you really want to be perfectionists, I am not sure if dentists are one of those people. He was poking and prodding during my 6 month check-up and he finds something that is just barely, maybe kinda could be a cavity. So why not let’s drill and fill it in. There was one of those plus two chipped teeth that he wanted to rebuild to make look just spectacular (his words not mine). So now being kinda numb I make my way back to my old apartment to finish clearing out my old stuff and turn in my keys. That chapter is officially closed. Drove on up to the city where I grabbed a quick dinner and was thrilled to meet up with one of my friends whom I have not seen in a while at the local karaoke bar. Great time catching up, although I am hurting today after only getting 4 hours of sleep and a few drinks, nothing a little sweat at the gym didn’t resolve.

So I need to take a second and just take a jump and kick my heels. Although I am still single I am at a place where I am having a great time going out with friends and just living life. T asked me if there was a reason for all these changes in my life and I think it is partially due to life events I have talked about a month ago which helped bring to mind how critical it is to live life everyday, and I am attempting to do just that. Not just go to the city, but go outside the comfort zone and try new things. Finding new restaurants, new bars, new friends are just some of the things on the agenda. But it has paid off already, I am having fun with old friends and look forward to meeting new ones.

In light of living your dreams and living everyday on this day in 1988 the first woman ever to climb Everest reached the summit and claimed the honor. At 29,035 ft above sea level this brings new meaning to reaching for your dreams. Congratulations to Stacy Allison from Portland Oregon. Granted you don’t need to go climb a mountain today, but look at something that you have always wanted to do and take that first step TODAY. Sign up for a class, reach out to a friend, tell someone how you feel about them, or go to the gym and try some new exercise. Today is the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home