Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Most inconvenient

If there are any family members reading this for the sake of your mental health I might recommend this is one blog entry you might want to skip. Ok maybe not the entire entry just the next paragraph.

So this is probably way more information than most of you want to read but it is most embarrassing. As many of you know men will randomly get an erection. Ok settle down we are all adults here and it is not a dirty word. But seriously men can have these at the most inopportune times, sometimes just when we really have to go to the bathroom. Ok so why am I brining this up now. Can you picture having to stand up in front of 6 executives with this problem? It is horrible. Here I am in the back of the room listening to the previous speaker and checking a few emails when something sets it off. God knows what it was (who knows what goes on in the head of us men), but once it starts you take all your energy to make it go away. You think about work or really ugly woman naked, anything to make it stop. But the problem is the more one thinks about it the worse it gets. Oh no the previous speaker is done, now I have to get up and go to the front. I try to use my laptop as some woman use a clipboard. I am sure no one else notices but I cower behind the podium which I hate to do during a presentation until it finally decides on its own to go away. Listen I know you women have your fair share of challenges and problems but us men have them as well. As Elaine said on Seinfeld, “I don’t know how you live with them”. It is a challenge it is definitely a challenge.

Ok moving away from my public mortification, I did get my second parking ticket in the city, but this time completely unfair. They said I parked in a two hour spot for more than two hours but I distinctly remember having to move my car to go to the store, the same spot just happened to be available when I came back. I checked no chalk marks on the car so yes I am going to write a letter to contest, we will see what happens.

Elsewhere in the world I am thrilled to say I went to the gym for the first time in almost two weeks and it is amazing how much better I feel. It never ceases to amaze me how much a quick 45 minute workout can change your entire physical feeling. Of course naps help do the same thing, but difficult to take a nap at work.

As for work there is the usual infighting, bickering and jockeying for attention by certain people. I love the fact I simply don’t care about that whole thing. I do my job to the best of my ability, try to help out where I can provide assistance and don’t sweat the small stuff. Nothing like stopping a heart attack to put things in perspective. So while they scheme and backstab and do everything else leading to ulcers, I am actually really enjoying life. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home