Saturday, October 22, 2005

I don’t get it

This past week has been so complicated and confusing that I am not even sure where to begin, however today is fairly representative of the week I just had.

Flew home from Orlando at 7am on a fairly typical flight, nice 5 and a half hour trip. Landed in San Francisco airport and immediately started to drive to the south bay, took about three exits before I realized I live in San Fran now and had to do a u-turn. Found this killer parking space right in front of my building and in less than two hours got a parking ticket for parking for more than two hours without a permit. Yes I am going to contest it since I had not even landed two hours previously. I went to get my mail and half my mail is missing (like my Netflix movies), the mailman happened to be there so I asked about if the rest of my mail was at the post office. He assured me that the 6 letters I got was all the mail I got in two weeks. I have my doubts but nothing I can do about this except wait.

Oh but the crown to add to the crown, the crème of the crop, was a date I was supposed to go on from a mutual friend. In 4 roundtrip emails she determined that since I live in San Francisco and she lives in the south bay that it is too difficult to go on a date even though I am down in the south bay 5 days a week. Wait it gets better, she determined that in four emails that I was not right for her and not worth a date. Now I have scared some woman away but rarely so quickly and with such definitiveness. I look at it and laugh for who would imaging I would actually find a female that could make instant decisions.

Wait it gets even better. I come home and flipped on the TV set to find the oddest behavior is still going on with it. The volume turns on instantly but the picture wouldn’t turn on for 5-10 minutes like it needs to warm up. But this time it got worse, every 30 minutes or so the screen would go out and I would have to reboot the TV. So I decided to go to the supermarket and get some essentials after being on the road for 12 days. The clerk who had the chest of a female but the voice of a male and an Adams apple, but regardless she she/he just finished scanning all my groceries and as I look to scan my credit card the cash register went blue screen. Yes indeed the cash register crashed and took maybe 10 minutes to reboot and reload. At least my work computer is still in working order, but maybe I shouldn’t say that and jinx it.

So this is how my week went. Everything attempted for work just didn’t come out as planned, and yet best intentions. Never enough time in the day to accomplish everything tasked to me, and yet more just gets assigned everyday. A bit disheartening I think. However the highlight of the week came about because on of my good buddies and my roommate from college came and spent a few days with me over the weekend in Orlando visiting Disneyworld. There was thrills, chills, screams and laughter, ok maybe not that dramatic but it was certainly a ton of fun. It was great seeing him again since it had been over a year since our last trip.

Today as the entire city is fogged in I will continue my quest for applications writing ever more involved and exciting essays. Is there no end to the excitement?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I really don't think it was the living in SF that changed her mind.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home