Monday, January 16, 2006

What’s in an age

Why do we put so much value on a little number which many times we are at pains to remember even for ourselves. I have numerous friends that have accused me of being old beyond my years, I even have a friend who thinks I should have grey hair (better than no hair) for I act more like a senior citizen then a youth of the world. Is it something to be ashamed of to be old in heart and young in spirit and age? Sure there are certain things that age makes a distinct difference, when thinking of couples where kids might become a discussion point or when deciding who becomes the beneficiary of a life insurance plan, but save that if we get along with those of a younger or older age should we be apologetic for such? I believe not. Although sometimes I wish I could act younger, act like the lost and clues, thinking only of sex, alcohol and the occasional recreational drug, frankly it is not me. Alas I still struggle when going to clubs in Vegas and other cities from saying to people, ‘Grow up and stop acting like such babies with this drama’. One feels almost condescending when thinking it, yet you know it to be true. So I leave this subject simply with to thy own self be true. You can not apologize for those you like or in some cases those you may not. T.E, you deserve the world, and if one is not right although you are reticent to hurt him, it is better to be honest early than drag it out for years to come. You show your true colors by your own pain, you are truly a good person.

On a lighter note, coming back from a restaurant in NY, I land in a taxi in a slightly inebriated state although well in my wits, state my hotel address. Not as the web lists it and as tourists call it as Avenue of the Americas, rather as 6th Ave as locals call it. The taxi driver begins to take a roundabout route which I know to be false, I call him on it and in fact even tell him what the appropriate fare is (the opposite of what I paid on the way down) and he even apologized. Now I feel some NY roots growing, simple wasn’t it?

Good night to all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home