Friday, July 21, 2006

VIPs at the hotel

Don’t you just love when every employee at the hotel knows your name? Where no matter where you walk someone is asking if they can get you something? Maybe I would like a water, maybe a cappuccino, how about some chocolate? Yes I think this sounds nice but alas it is not my story to tell. My hotel is hosting some super secret secure group on three entire floors, but of course keeping a secret at a hotel is as realistic as keeping a series of layoffs in a major company. So I find out that Manchester United has taken over my hotel. Now for those readers from the US (I think 100% of my 4 readers), Manchester United is one of the leading soccer teams in Europe. They have a fan base around the world and have a very colorful group of athletes. Periodically through breakfast we see individuals walk through the lobby who seem to receive a bit of extra special attention from every employee, not to mention guests asking for autographs. If I knew who they were I might have asked the same, alas a clueless American.

Nearing the end of my stay here in South Africa (to my manager that is south AFRICA not south AMERICA). I have successfully seen the hotel room, customer offices and taxis, not a whole lot of time to see anything else. Today however we take a car ride to Victoria about an hour away from J-burg. Maybe some interesting stories to tell?

Alas no stories to tell, I know my life is not as interesting as I hoped it to be, but maybe some interesting tidbits upon my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home