Tuesday, July 11, 2006

First Class, accept nothing less

I was quite pleased that for the first time since February of this year United, my trusted and loved airline, felt it was time to upgrade me on my flight across country from SFO to Baltimore. Now I would hate to think I ever get so used to it that I can not appreciate the little things in life, and of course this was no exception. The really fun part was I was able to sponsor an upgrade for one of my co-workers who was on the same flight to go to the same work function. This co-worker had never been in first before, thus it was like watching a schoolchild experience something for the very first time. But the trip really started to be funny when the stewardess was passing out drinks prior to takeoff and called my co-worker ‘mom’. Keep in mind my co-worker is just a couple of years older than me and quite petite. We both stare at the stewardess wondering what type of weird cigarette she had been smoking prior to take-off. Turns out she had a small emblem on her shirt that looked similar to one used for maternity clothes and thus she made an assumption. She then spent the rest of the flight trying to make it up to my co-worker and thus she got extra special care.

Note to men: Never never never ask women when they are due unless you have confirmed from a separate source that said individual is truly pregnant.

Something about getting full ice cream sundaes complete with hot chocolate syrup, whip cream and little tubed cookie really makes a flight that much more rewarding. Suffice to say it was a fun flight. But we are not done yet. Susan, our stewardess who is not the brightest star in the sky, comes to me to tell me about a man in back having an anxiety attack. This by the way, this is why I don’t drink on planes, seems to happen on more and more flights these days. So patient was a nice humorous 90 year old passenger who has feeling lightheaded and slightly dizzy. A little bit of Oxygen, some rest and attention and he was as good as new, well a new 90 year old. Thankfully a short period of treatment and I could go back to the movie which I was very much enjoying (Shaggy Dog with Tim Allen, cutsy but fun).

Baltimore itself it as always a great city. A little hot and humid but a great city to walk around when not stuck inside all day in work type activities. I did get a couple of hours to walk around when I arrived (see pictures linked to this story). More on this city and the rest of my trip when we return….

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

You truly are the Air Marshall Shit Magnet.

Good job, again. :)

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home