Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Drill Drill Drill

For all the pre-pubescent boys reading this, I am not talking about sexual related acts, rather I am talking about those wonderful things that all emergency workers go through. Yes it is drill season. You have heard of the days of Christmas. Well for my crew we are going through 20 drills in 20 days. At all times of day and night to test both our skills but also our response time. If people ever need a humbling experience volunteer to work at drills. Nothing like having observers picking apart every action, word and thought performed on a scene. Of course this is all for the better improvement of the group, but sometimes it is hard to keep that in mind. For all the proctors out there, give a little break to the new guys out there, its kinda tough.


Other than that I am preparing like hundreds of others for the holiday season. I am planning on going shopping tomorrow for final gifts at the mall. No I am crazy or stupid, just close way too close to deadline and lack of prior planning. Parents, you may not be getting your gifts on time, it might take a little while to mail. Why this unusual stress about being on-time? I hate it! Well I guess that is why I go to the mall tomorrow. Lets see if the holiday cheer lasts through a final shopping day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home