Saturday, February 19, 2005

Are they for real?

So I finished my whirl-wind tour of the US (yes three cities is considered the US in my humble opinion) in Dallas. Now when I think Dallas I think cowboys, cactus, gun racks, and legalized executions. What I don’t naturally think of is cute fully birds. I stayed at the Embassy Suites in downtown Dallas and imagine my surprise when I discovered that the theme of the hotel was Swans. Yes you read correctly swans. They had two of these much written about animals in a small pool of water next to the elevators. The wallpaper had artistic images of then, the soap dishes, sugar holders, and even towel racks were in the likeness of these animals. Now I don’t have anything wrong with swans parse, but not something I expected to see in Dallas. Well just keeps you on your toes and puts a smile on your face.

Thankfully this weekend I am spending my time at home, working of course, but not too much. The exciting part of this trip was that I have a much better understanding of my job and what I am going to be working on. For the past few weeks I have been working reactively, not strategically. Now having gone through these field tests, I feel I understand what customers are looking for better, and can do my job better. Although lots of work, it is certainly a good feeling to feel more comfortable with my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home