Wednesday, February 16, 2005

What a way to say goodbye

So last night after work, I ended up going out for a little much deserved drink and just a bite of food. A local bar in SoHo that non-descript and no different than the countless other bars and restaurants that lined the street on 6th Bond. This establishment was different in that it was hosting a casting call for Maxim magazine. Now take a moment and picture the ladies featured in that magazine and imagine now a few dozen of them mingling in the bar waiting for the opportunity to impress the casting director and photographer. Mini-skirts and tiny halter tops or even less abound throughout the group, clearly taste was not an issue in this group. These are woman who if I had to guess had never had to lift a finger to ever obtain a drink in a bar or walk more than 5 feet for a cab. And in this setting were doing everything they could to impress those ever important decision makers including imitation of adult entertainment actresses in the midst of a female on female selection. This included ample spanking, caressing, and acrobatics that would impress even a gymnast. The humorous part of this entire drama, was it failed to move the photographer or director in the slightest. They barely batted an eye, in fact the only result was random male patrons taking pictures using their phones and female patrons clicking their tongues in humor or disgust. This was a scene straight from LA or actually any crazy tv or magazine casting call. It definitely led to a fair amount of entertainment.

So now I am on my way to Chicago for city two in my three city whirlwind tour. Now I like to think of myself as a seasoned travel, but yes even we make the most rudimentary of mistakes. On this trip I failed to bring either toothpaste or contact solution. Fear not those of you who fear for my social life, that was rapidly rectified by the local drugstore, which goes to reinforce the famous line, if you have ID and Credit card, you have all you need.

Alas I spent a majority of my day yesterday inside the hotel working on projects and papers that I failed to work on over the weekend. Yes I was in an amazing locale in Times Square, a mere jaunt to Central Park where the Gates exhibit is being housed, and yet I only strayed outside for a bite to eat and a short bit of fresh air. This is sacrilegious I know, but sometimes even the most fun loving person feels compelled to dedicate a bit of extra time to work, especially when new in both the group and that particular role. Speaking of which, this entire trip was designed to go to focus groups and test our new messaging. There is nothing more humbling than seeing messaging that has spent weeks being formed being panned by leading CIO and CTOs. Clearly some work needs to be spent on this. Two more cities to go with 4 more focus groups, so hopefully good information to be received and embraced.

Other than that all is quiet on the western front. I think especially due to current events that the Lebanon trip I mentioned previously can be officially postponed, now the question of where to go instead must be entertained. Thankfully no feelings were hurt (I think and hope), and as always our family continues to be a close knit group spanning dozens of time zones and two continents. Until the next time, have a good day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The director may not have been batting his eyes, but I'm sure you were batting a lot more than just your eyes. The view must've been awesome. What a way to go!!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home