Thursday, February 10, 2005

Valentine’s Day or Single’s Appreciation Day

Fear not this is not a rant about what can be one of the most uncomfortable holidays of the year, nope this is about an incredibly funny thing I saw. Yes I was watching tv, kinda in and out of sleep after a crazy busy day. Flashing in front of my eyes was an ad for mail order PJs in a can. What better way to tell the love of your life than a pair of either heavy flannel or sexy cotton pajamas that arrive in the mail in a can? Did I somehow stumble on the home shopping network? No I am on TNT, a normal station. Oh S**T, did I fall asleep and now its like 4 am? Nope its 9pm, we have stooped so low that now in prime time we are selling PJs in a can. I know I am no expert in love affairs or relationships (trust me on this), but may I recommend to all you men out there, do not get your sweetheart pajamas in a can. Chocolate, flowers, yourself wrapped in a bow, all good ideas, maybe not the latter.

As for me, I will be flying on the friendly skies on V-Day. Originally maybe a little depressed to spend the entire sweet day in the air, until I get an email from United. Fear not travel warrior, since you are in our exclusive frequent flyer status, United will be giving you a gift for flying on Valentine’s Day. Nice, I will get either perfume, chocolate, or gift certificate to a lingerie shop. Hmmm, maybe not for me, anyone want whatever I get? Bribes are accepted. :-)

Today has been a crazy day. I just assumed (and you know what they say about assumptions) that since I did not have any meetings until 11 am (GASP) I would be able to get some work done. Well maybe some, but not as much as expected. First we had a fire at the local child care center, not a fire alarm, a real fire. We all rolled, flying down the street thinking worse case scenario with hundreds of kids displaced as we have a real fire. Turns out a tiny amount of smoke from what looks like a cigarette thrown to the ground. Little did we realize there is an epidemic of 6 year old smokers out there, or maybe the 4 year olds were getting high behind the jungle gym. My, how times have changed. Come back, just in time for a medical drill. Now usually I would skip it, and I was debating, but it turns out the drill is in my building, like 10 feet away, come on! So went to that as well. Nothing like a little adrenalin for the adrenalin junkie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can always get a prostitute for V-day and get some dynamite heads (joking)
Dan

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valentine's Day is an overrated holiday. I spent many on my own as well and survived intact. I will send you chocolate/flowers next year. You better be in town to get it. You are loved.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home