Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Relax, Don’t do it, Relax (repeat)

What a wonderful way to spend a day. Wake up early in the morning (force of habit what can I say) stumble to the couch where I fall asleep for another hour or two. Wake up, without moving, turn on the telly and see what mind numbing shows are on. Around 10am dress straight into a swimsuit and crawl my way down to the pool. Apply sunscreen and fall asleep in the lounge chair. Eventually wake up, do some laps, turn on ipod and read book by side of pool. Next friends and myself run to Chipotle for lunch (in swimsuits and bare feet, thankfully not McDonalds rules). Get back, eat food to be followed by an afternoon nap. One last swim before heading back upstairs to grill out on my balcony followed by a little more telly. I have to say the only thing I think I accomplished the entire day was my laundry (which is no small feat let me tell you). Frankly I think I might have slept a bit too much, but man did it feel GREAT!

At a comedy club on Sunday one comic was illustrating how golf started as a game to get Scottish men away from their wives for a few hours. They purposefully made the game as strange as possible so the woman would respond to invitations that it was a silly waste of time. 18 holes correspond to the 18 shots in a whisky bottle. Even the name shows its origins, Golf=Gentleman Only Ladies Forbidden. Now ladies no throwing virtual stones at me (or real ones for that matter) I am only repeating the comedian, but I did find it quite humorous (ignore for the moment that I know numerous people of the fairer sex who could kick my butt in golf).

Today is probably going to be a crazy hectic day so I think I need to get back to it, more to follow later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home