Monday, May 23, 2005

Burn Baby Burn

What an unbelievably beautiful weekend we had here in glorious central California. Where the temperature is warm and the women even warmer. It was 90 degrees with a light wind that helped keep relatively cool as we relaxed by the pool or beach. Sunup was a relaxing 5:30am (not that any of us are awake on weekends to see this) and sundown is a leisurely 8pm, just about the time we are closing our grills from making some steaks and potatoes. What a great way to spend a weekend.

Now I can’t help it, I have at times snickered or even laughed to myself at some people who spend no less than 30 minutes applying suntan or sun block lotion to their body. They cover and recover every inch of their body with such precision that one needs to wonder if they are OC. Yet these are the same people with perfect tans and unblemished skin. I on the other hand will spend approximately 20-30 seconds applying sun tan lotion to the places on my body I can both see and reach and that includes the time it takes to take the top off the bottle. As such I have this absolutely wonderful leopard print sun burn on my body that is causing an inordinate amount of pain today. I have this great sash that starts at the shoulder blades (scapulas) proceeds between my breasts to the lower end of my stomach and then rings the lower part of the abdomen. My favorite is the burn on the left side that looks strangely like a hand print.

The only real problem is I did an outstanding job of protecting my face and head so to the public I look fine. They look at me with a perplex look when I collapse to the ground in pain when greeted with a hearty back slap.

But fear not everyone needs a good burn to begin the summer. A couple of lessons learned.

  1. Trying to go to the gym and do squats with a major burn on the shoulders=bad idea
  2. Wearing a hat in the sun is a really good idea.
  3. A leopard print burn does not make you look sexy the next day

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

How about some pictures of that?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

How about some pictures of your leopard print tan. And the hand print.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home