Saturday, May 07, 2005

Its all about trust.

I think a lot of last week was about trust, about believing in people and not wanting to be disappointed. It can be as simple as someone promising to call all the way to you put your career, health or your soul in someone else’s hands. When one person lets you down, you move on, when two do so you try to pass it off as a string of bad times. When a large number do so to disastrous results in a short period of time, you begin to question your own abilities to judge people not to mention what that says about you. I do like to believe in people, I like to believe that someone’s word is their bond. But at what point do you have to begin to be a cynic?

How many times a day do we say things as trivial as I will call you later when you are talking to a good friend, or tell a co-worker you will email them later? Twice a day, a dozen times a day? How many times do we follow-up and actually do it? We say it like people ask how are you doing, and the only acceptable answer is fine. So should we not believe people? But wait when it is really important that is when we should trust people. So what is the difference and how can you tell?

It is about trust, and a powerful thing it is. It can really point to where the difference is between acquaintances, strangers and real friends. This week showed me that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I know, I know, I am a bad friend. I said I would call, and then I didn't. You are right, you can tell who your acquaintances are from your real friends, and I guess lately I have been nothing more than an acquaintance. And for that I apologize. I am really sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

I hope you enjoyed the Hoops and YoYo card I sent you for your birthday, and I promise, a real belated card will be in the mail shortly.

So now the tag is on you, call me back.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home