Sunday, May 01, 2005

Dating Hierarchy

As I have mentioned prior I am in Vegas and have been blessed to make a couple of observations. Although haven enjoyed a few of the local cocktails and thus not completely unencumbered I will try to relate observations as clearly as possible, and more likely more clearly than I usually do.

Having spent a number of hours poolside today I re-learned a few things that I have forgotten. One that marriage vows and oaths are somehow forgotten or excused when in Nevada. Women clearly married, in fact even heard talking to said spouse on phone will see the closest muscle enhanced jock nearby, determine he is much more yummy than previously mentioned husband, and thus allowable for random make-out session. If this was an isolated incident or one of very few this could be explained as random behavior or exceptions. Alas this appeared more often than can be justified as exceptions. Very disappointing.

The second is something I should remember from high school. Very attractive women have want for nothing. These women in their cute little mini-skirts and halter tops with wide open rears are in such a state that they pay for no drinks, never lack for attention and could open door nearby. Does this sound like a bit of jealousy mixed in with disbelief? Absolutely.

Now we move later in the day. There are lots of cities where it is both easy and appealing to attend by oneself. Where one can enjoy the time to contemplate life’s meanings and ones purpose in life. Vegas is not one of those places. Going to a bar or a club by oneself sucks simply for the fact you stick out like a sore thumb. I have never been one to go to a bar and somehow make friends with every random girl or guy, I have friends that can and I admire them enormously. Somehow that is not me. I think I will just have to deal with that. I think that is all for tonight, I think it is time for me to just hit the bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Do you really think that the men who buy these 'attractive' women drinks and hang off them all night truly respect them as women and as human beings ? Noooo.. likely they're wanting for some nookie. I've also felt the jealousy you feel.. but then I remember, is that the type of attention I really want ? To be objectified and treated as a commodity ? Not me.

As for going to bars etc. by yourself - well, I have to admit that I have done that a number of times in the clubs. Clubs are a little more conducive to the solitary person. I get up there, dance, have a good time, and end up talking to several people throughout the night. Male and female, some who talk to me first, and some I talk to first. There's always a common ground when you love the music. :) Tougher to do in the bar scene, but clubs are a little easier that way.

I know it's tough to be away from home all the time, and I didn't forget that your birthday is tomorrow. I have a card and a nice cold Tazoberry waiting for you when you come back. Have a great trip !!!!!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home