Thursday, May 05, 2005

A thought a mere thought

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions and events. As I walk alone down the strip I am surrounded by strippers, hookers, players, and pimps, greed, anger, lust, and envy, gluttony, and worst of all arrogance and cruelty. How can we not be disheartened with what we see? How can we be faced with such overwhelming events of the past week and not just want to give up, to refuse to continue?

But yet call me a sucker, and I still don’t understand how, but I still believe in true love. I fear it to be a gift reserved for special few, but I do still believe in it. I believe in it even as it is not shining, and I will not go gently into that sweet night, but will rage rage against the dying of the night (yes I know it to be light, but this is more appropriate)

As for me, I am coming to grip with who I am. Not always liking who I am well that will probably last for a while to come. I do not think I can change myself for that is who I am, but I am slowly coming to grips with it. I think I will focus more on work that anything else, that at least has the ability to not hurt so much. Now if only I could get my brain to shut up for a few minutes so I could actually sleep for once this week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one likes themselves until they learn to see their assets and focus on them instead of their character defects. Being dependable, punctual, helpful and basically a wonderful guy are NOT character defects. But everyone needs to learn how to set boundaries and to also watch out for themselves. Don't let the world win because they don't deserve the time and energy spent on them. You will learn who to watch out for and who to open up to. You are a beautiful man who happens to be a gentle man. Nothing wrong with that and you have a GREAT BODY!!!!
Hang in there. If I can find someone to share my life with, you will too. I promise. As I say to Jonathan all the time, when the time is right, it will happen. I love you and don't forget it!!!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

You will never truly be able to love someone else until you learn to love yourself.

A relationship will not complete you or make you whole. You have to do that yourself.

You will never be happy with someone if you are not happy with yourself.

The time that you 'need' a relationship is the time for you to work on yourself first. Don't make the same mistake I did by choosing someone out of need for security and validation, while sacrificing your own fulfillment.

Let's talk further when you get back.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home