Thursday, May 12, 2005

Rhythm rhythms rhythms

Can you tell me the difference between Atrial Flutter and Sinus Bracardia, or please tell me the difference between Super Ventricle Tacardia and Monomorphic Tacardia?

I have my cardiac life support test on Friday and these rhythms are causing nightmares. I thought our teacher was kidding when he said we would soon be seeing these readouts in our sleep, oh how the mighty doth fall. I am indeed seeing these rhythms in my sleep and they all look the same! All I have to say is Asystole is very much my friend. What is Asystole you might ask? It is that wonderful flat line rhythm you usually see as someone is circling the drain. You treat it with Atropine, Epinephrine, Trascutaneaous pacing and Prayer. That I think I can handle. When I donate blood today maybe I will get one of the nurses to help me out.

Beyond that life is somewhat routine and that is not a complaint. It is nice not being on the road for a little while and having a time to do everything from going to the gym in the morning to actually cooking for yourself when you get home (yes boys and girls I have been cooking). This I am sure will be short lived as I think I have 4 or 5 more trips lined up before the end of July, but for now I am enjoying my time at home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Warming up a TV dinner is usually not considered cooking.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home