Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother’s Day

It is indeed Mother’s day (just in case you have missed it on tv, radio, newspaper, internet and on every street corner and bus stop). So make sure you wish your mother, grandmother, or friend who is a mother a great day. Do you realize the sacrifice our mom’s made for us? Many times giving up aspirations for higher careers or different jobs to raise us. I don’t know about you, but man was I a challenge as a kid (not that I have changed much). Constantly finding ways to test patience and the rules to see how far I could bend them before hitting the elastic barrier. But through it all, they stand by their children and support them. As Dickens wrote, in the best of times, in the worst of times, in the days of rich and poor. So make sure you call your mom, send her a pizza (sometimes better than flowers) and give a little credit to the single mom working a few feet away, it is a much harder job than the one giving you a paycheck.

I also have an apology to make. Last week umm there was events, and I don’t really want to go into it, however I realize that some of my frustrations so illustrated on this site made some of my friends and family concerned. First if you are reading this, none of the events in the week past reflect on you. I am actually very lucky that I have some of the greatest friends a guy could ask for (even if many of you are hundreds of miles away). I just not always the best judge of character. So thank you for your support as I crawled into a hole and slowly back out the other side.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not all exciting nice guys are in the movies. I know one who lives in Mountain View, CA. Never apologize for your feelings. You have wonderful friends and family, but the more exposed you are to life (and that's not physically) the less naive you become. It's called growth. And everyone goes through it at different stages of life and this growth continues until you die. Wonderful things lie ahead for you so don't close yourself off to the world. You are loved for who you are and there are better days ahead. Be on the lookout for a card that I mailed you last week. I look forward to your next blurb on your blog.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home