Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Thoughts and Non-Events

How can we be so busy and yet when we try to take a second and write what we have done, it all escapes like mist in the morning. But thankfully for you my friends and family I have retained just the barest inklings of what my week has been like.

Between taking on new projects at work and helping out every weekend with Red Cross it has been a lot of running around. This weekend I volunteered in San Ramon (only about 40 minute drive for me) at a national final track and field event. As you know this weekend saw record temperatures around the country and fine and fair California was no exception. It hit 108 on Saturday and 115 on Sunday, and here is the crew in long pants and a work shirt. Suffice to say it was a tough tour. But I am happy to say barring a few dehydrations and numerous muscles pulls, there was nothing more serious that required medical attention, quite lucky actually. The way home definitely called for a quick stop into the Dairy Queen, which I am thrilled to say is finally making its way across the country to take up residence in CA. Who would have thought how much I missed that divine desert locale with refreshing and tantalizing treats.

Work this week consisted of making power point presentations that I doubt that people are actually going to use. But hey it was a ‘fun’ experience and I spent a ton of time on them. But this is part of the life in the corporate world.

Overall it has been an interesting week, but tomorrow I help load up the rigs for the garlic festival, one of the largest events we run, and then afterwards go out for a nice relaxing date with you know who. Its kinds strange between my hectic schedule and hers we haven’t had many real dates, you know dates with just the two of us not running between events or meetings. We seem to spend as much time on the phone as some of my long distance relationship of long ago, or on email. Not that I am complaining, we really get to know one another, but sometimes I just miss the ease of dating in college, so much less life got in the way. Although last night was nice, we went and donated Platelets together, now nothing says romantic than having your arms stuck by needles simultaneously (by professionals I would like to add). Tomorrow is much look forwarded to.

Have a good night everyone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home