Saturday, July 23, 2005

Not Fair!

There are countless books endeavoring to explain why bad things happen to good people, and although I am not the definitive expert on the subject I have seen my fair share in others. A close friend, one that has been the most supporting of Ben’s family for 7 months and played an integral role in the Big Bash, was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Before I go into that I want to go on a tangent for a second, she actually found the lump herself and to thank was a former doctor of her who used a silicon model to show her exactly how to do a self examination and exactly what to look for. Woman if there was ever more a reason to ask your doctor for skills like these, this should be living proof, she is well under the age range and very healthy, it can happen to anyone. So please learn to check yourself and most especially learn how and what to look for.

With that said, her is just a wonderful person, who is completely giving to others and even before one storm has passed another closes in much closer and personal. She is going through so much else, but that does not limit her positive attitude or her unstoppable desire to help others. Why is it that these things seem to happen to the best people. Yet another to pray for, and pray beyond all prayers that this is quick and as painless as possible for her. I only hope that it is heard, for what else is fair, and what it fair? Well I will leave that question for another day.

It humbles me to say that with everything else going on still with Ben and now her, I am so privileged and lucky that life is actually going exceedingly well for me. I am in a very good place at work right now (hence some of my entries last week among other things), socially I am seeing just an unbelievable person. I do not wish to reveal anything as I very much respect her privacy, but suffice to say she makes me laugh like I haven’t laughed in quite some time and makes me feel like a kid again. For now I am happy and so very lucky. Oh and beside that all in my family are quite healthy and doing reasonably well. What have I done to deserve such good fortune, and when will it end? How hard will it be when I hit the ceiling and fall back down, and why must I ask such a depressing question when everything else is so wonderful? I don’t want to dwell on that, but it is certainly in the back of my mind. As for now I am so happy I could burst and that, well is a wonderful place to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home