Saturday, July 02, 2005

A day in a life, or life in a day

I find it remarkable sometimes how much and how disparate our lives can be even in a single day. One minute we can be planning a marketing strategy for a line of business the next flying off to deal with something in personal life. It makes you wonder if we all have some sort of ADD (attention deficit disorder) where we need multiple different types of stimuli in our life to keep it interesting. In many ways that is what email is, simply multi-faceted distractions that keep us entertained during the day, some from work most not.

But enough on that. As a brief update Ben and his family have flown the coop to New York where Ben is undergoing treatment with a doctor at NYU hospital. Ironically the hospital is maybe 2 blocks from where my sister used to live for many years. I let them know there is a great Greek vendor who sets up shop right in front of the side entrance during the week, great Gyros! It never ceases to amaze me how small the world is and how interconnected we all are. So let us continue to pray, maybe this treatment will be the one!

Life is actually quite good otherwise. I am starting to slowly find my niche in my new job, a mere six months after I started, and beginning to understand what I am doing. Have finally been put on some projects I find interesting and should be indeed challenging, I might even have the opportunity to make a difference. On a personal note I have been going out much more with friends and more, and that is quite nice. To have a balance between work and personal has been a luxury and a blessing that has been lacking in many ways since I moved out to California. Its weird, here I am finally building a base here and I am planning my departure for grad school in a year. Who knows maybe I will stick with grad school out here in sunny CA.

I need to cut this short, I am helping a friend find an apartment in the city, so my GPS, her little bug, and a couple of bottles of water (and aspirin) have a date with the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home