Thursday, June 09, 2005

Update

He is still pulling through. This kid is the greatest fighter I have seen since Mohamed Ali. When the doctors tell him that a procedure or some chemo might hurt, he just looks at them and says ‘bring it on’. He remains cheerful, jumping up and down on the bed, playing video games and telling jokes. At this point we are all praying for a miracle.

I thankfully am spending almost all my time planning this party and thus not having to slow down and think about it. The only problem of course is sleeping, but thankfully I am not doing that these days so problem solved. The number of people from work who have offered everything they have to offer from time, to money to connections to weird and crazy places has been unbelievable. Truly a wonderful group of people who want to help and offer support. Part of it is because there is absolutely nothing we can do about the disease at least now we can feel we are doing something for Ben. All I know is that this is a great kid who is touching hearts all around him.

For now this is a short entry, I have lots of phone calls to return and even more emails to send. But if you know me, or even if you don’t, send a little prayer out to this great kid, his name is Ben, he is seven years old, and he does not deserve to die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home