Thursday, June 02, 2005

Laziness

No I am not saying I am lazy, I am trying to give some people the benefit of the doubt for if they are not lazy they must then be some of the stupidest individuals in the region. We received a call yesterday to a building with actual smoke showing. This is different than a fire alarm in that we have confirmed fire in a large building with over 400 people. Even worse it is the corporate headquarters. With multiple engines on the way we fly out there with all our responders only to discover the garbage can is on fire. Not even on fire barely smoldering. Turns out the cigarette ash tray literally 10 feet away was too much trouble for someone so they had to dispose of a lit cigarette into a normal trash. The good news was we got to play with the fire extinguisher, but COME ONE people. Stop being lazy or otherwise stupid! Here endeth the lesson.

Life otherwise is progressing normally. Found out another one of my team members is leaving so now I am truly doing the job of three (too bad I don’t get the pay of three people). But when you consider all I do is sit on the phone all day, how hard can that be :-). I really have no reason to complain, I do like my job and the people I work with, so life isn’t so bad.

Speaking of which I need to cut this short as I do need to get hopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home