Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ouch!

Can I just vent for a second. Keep in mind this is up to the minute and a little raw so without all the thought and reflection that time provides. I went on a date last week with someone whom I met on-line. We had traded numerous emails and there was at least enough that it seemed appropriate to have dinner. Dinner happened and I like to think it went well, it seemed to without awkward pauses, and time just tended to fly.

You all see where this is going. Yup, email today that we didn’t have chemistry. Now first I completely respect that and understand where that comes from, no question about it. On the other hand it is still just a little painful every time you hear it, especially since I thought she was pretty cool. It is a complete buzz kill to what has been otherwise a Great day! But like a balloon with a massive hole in the side, this just kind of runs the day down. Damn!

As they say, oh well, back to the drawing (or internet) boards.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Aww. Sorry to hear that. :( Just remember that the lack of chemistry has nothing to do with you as a person. It doesn't mean that you are deficient in any way, or that you're a bad person - it just means that she did not feel a connection.

Two people who may get along great in a casual setting, and who look perfect on paper can still lack the chemistry, that intangible connection that draws them to each other. It's no fault of either party. I'm glad she was honest with you from the get-go.

Shit happens, and I'm sorry it happened to you. Chin up and forge on. :)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I still love you Matthew, only not in that way.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home