Thursday, June 02, 2005

My Prayer

God I don’t think I have ever doubted if you existed. True I have no proof that you exist or even what form you take, but somewhere in my heart I have to believe you are somewhere in more than just our heart. I do question your motives and your plans. There is a child, a child who has gone through hell like countless others and has braved fears than fall grown men to their knees. He has persevered with a smile and a joke at every turn at every you throw at him. And yet just as he sees a light at the end of the tunnel, a conclusion to this most unpleasant play, you have to hit him with the grand mal of them all. The strong possibility that he is right back where he started just that much weaker at the get go.

Why? Why would you take a guiltless and sin free child and put them through such hell. You can not honestly believe that children are born with sin, so if not why would you punish? Even as I ask these questions I pray, I pray on my knees with tears in my eyes and my voice quivering, I pray for him. I pray that you give him, another chance. I pray that this was just some small test, and he passes and can walk once more in the sun, but no more pain for him. No more suffering, and no more need for chemo.

Eternal God, father and mother of all we know, we can’t see you, we can’t hear you, and we can’t touch you. But we pray to you all the same that you show your mercy on a child who has done nothing to hurt another soul and who has inspired such strength and good feelings towards others as can hardly be imagined by a seven year old. May our prayers not fall onto deaf ears.

We wish all these things for him and not for us, for a blameless child deserves a childhood and not these horrors which we would prefer to only live in dreams. Please show mercy and guide him to health and away from the pain that he has known for so long. For Ben’s sake, please send health. For this we all pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home