Saturday, August 20, 2005

A final update

Late tonight Ben passed away. He was at home surrounded by his close family and friends who brought happiness and comfort in these final days.

We take comfort in the fact that he is now out of the pain that has seemed insurmountable at times. At this time we take stock in the strength he showed in this 8 month battle, the laughter and joy he brought to so many, and the love that he had for his family, his friends, and for all life. Through his words of hope, his perpetual optimism and quirky humor he touched everyone from doctors and nurses, to servicemen far overseas, to families all around the world. He was the subject of newspaper articles, the mascot for a fighter wing, and the motivation for countless runners in charity races. I know we will all feel his absence, but we will also carry a piece of him inside each of us forever.

We all feel this great loss, my we each find some measure of peace in our own family and friends, and see this as a reaffirmation of life's blessings that we have in our own life.

These words I say for others weigh heavily on me. I find it difficult to breath. Somehow everything else seems so far away. May god forgive us for all of our sins, they grow heavier everyday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you … it’s an eye opener!
"liver cancer" site covering "liver cancer" related stuff.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are feeling nor can I tell what to except. I am here if you need,

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home