Friday, August 05, 2005

Cleaning

Not being home and free on the weekends for the past 8 or so weeks I have neglected the basic household function of cleaning. Ok now before you think me to be the typical bachelor or just some common slob, my house was reasonably straightened, dishes washed etc. I am talking a full top to bottom cleaning including bathtub, dusting, vacuuming, you know the stuff we hate to do. Last night it just got to be too much, so when I got home, I stripped the work clothes and replaced them with t-shirt and shorts and went to town. It is amazing once you start something you realize how much more you have to go. I got through three rooms and I still have my bedroom and the worst the family room to go. Arghhh, who has time for this stuff anymore.

Otherwise I am pleased to announce second day in a row I made it to the gym and the differences are remarkable. No not in strength or endurance but rather just in my ability to wake up. I have not realized how effective of a job the gym does in waking me up in the morning until I stopped doing it. Previously I would go through meetings yawning and struggling to keep my eyes open. Granted it is partly the material that can be a bit of a bore sometimes, but seriously I should not be falling asleep at 11am. On a gym day I have tons of extra energy to last through the entire day, how cool is that. No caffeine necessary. With all of that said, it has been a long week and all I want to do is take a nice long nap!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I would have guess that you would clean in the buff. I can get you the name of a good cleaning company if you want, as your lifestyle is too busy to allow you to do it yourself.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home