Friday, August 12, 2005

Exploring the Infinite Abyss

I had three people today tell me that I looked or sounded sad. Now how is that for a fine howdy-do on a Friday? The pathetic thing is I thought I was having a good week. I had a couple of medicals this week where I genuinely know that we helped someone, which is always a relatively good feeling. I am more certain in my job and the tasks that lay in front of me. I re-connected with an old friend whom I haven’t talked to in way too long. And yet, why would I portray an outward appearance of unhappiness? I like to think I am one of the most social optimistic and overall disgustingly happy people at work (considering I am one of like 3 people who doesn’t work from home the odds are pretty good). But still, it just threw me for a bit of a loop today.

So this weekend for the first time in almost two months I do not have a place I need to be for volunteering, I am still trying to figure out what I want to do. I am torn between sitting beside my pool for the first time this summer, cleaning my apartment (desperate need of), or shopping. I fear laziness will win out over cleanliness or necessity.

Another week I mark off the calendar and I have to think what did I accomplish? If we really do believe in Carpe Diem, what have I done to truly seize the day? What will I do next week to do the same? Something for me to ponder tonight as I fall asleep, but it will be something that will be reflected upon in future entries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home