Wednesday, October 26, 2005

When not to rest ones eyes

Well I am starting to get used to the commute from the big city to the little city, however 5:30am seems to be getting in earlier and earlier. So I stumble into my car and sink into those wonderfully plush leather seats and am ready to fall back asleep. Driving at 70 MPH (and police officers reading, of course I am never at this speed! Well if so someone is right on my tail, I promise) is really not the proper time to rest your eyes because they are sooo heavy. Fear not I always have a bottle of water and mints to help wake up the brain but it does take some effort. Instead I have to put on some good music that I can really rock to. So if you are driving on 101 at six in the morning and see someone singing at the top of their lungs looking like Stevie Wonder, say hi to me!

The funniest thing happened to me today, well it really isn’t funny in fact it is downright aggravating but I am laughing it off. A colleague of mine volunteered to do something yesterday and asked a whole bunch of senior management what they thought. They all agreed it was a great idea and should get done. This morning she replies to all of them which includes of few VPs and directors saying now she doesn’t have time but she is sure I will be able to handle it. This is the epitome of someone trying to climb the ladder, making themselves look good with the least amount of work possible. And you know what, G-d bless them. They spend so much time trying to out do others that their work is lacking and people talk about them behind their back. Hence the humor part of this whole thing. But in all honesty it really is a shame that this still happens. I mean lets face it, yes I know business is war, but we are also all here for the group or company to succeed, not just one person. The more they do this the less a team can come together as a group. That is a real shame, however there are much more important things to spend our time thinking about.

I have gotten a couple of emails from readers about yesterday’s entry, most citing surprise not realizing the life it leads without our control. Well believe it ladies, it is many times no more in control than your chest on a cold day. Ok enough of that though.

Short entry today as I actually need to get some work done, but hope I continue to provide entertainment value to your day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Hey, you are not the only one that does the drive-dancing and singing routine. I am guilty of that one too. :)

Only 70mph ? Tsk.. trust me, in a few months, you'll get impatient and will be up at 80mph like the rest of us. haha

When all else fails.. COFFEE !


-Slinky

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is pure entertainment, so when I have a break in work, I check your blog to see what interesting stories you have. Thanks for the stories....

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home