Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I am a BEAST!

I safely made it back to Florida and I would like to take a second and publicly eat a small piece of humble pie. In a previous entry I was a little disdainful of those who have to sit in a middle seat in coach on a long flight. I do not want it to see that I take travel for granted, rather I feel incredibly lucky to be in a position where I do get to travel to foreign lands or even not so foreign places. I apologize if sometimes my love of creature comforts sometimes boils over to the extent of ego-mania seeing privileges as an expectation. Sometimes I need someone to just kind of whack me over the head before I have leaned too far to the side. Thank you for that.

Back to the lighter side of life. Returning home from Florida was relatively uneventful on Sunday except that I was routed via Denver. Now there is nothing wrong with Denver in fact I actually quite like the area, but they certainly love their football there. Our plane was just taxing to the gate where we encountered a baggage handler jumping up and down on the tarmac in the middle of the taxi-ways with his entire face painted yellow and blue clearly in support of the Denver Broncos (who later were defeated in utter humiliation). Wonderful to see the excitement and enthusiasm in these fans.

I am also celebrating a new personal best for me in my aim for personal growth, this time not career or personality wise but simply physical. I hit a new personal best for me in bench press at a whopping total of 225 unassisted (not bad for a 160 pound lightweight). Nothing puts you in a better mood than hitting a personal record, well except maybe sex, but lets stick with things I can control :-).

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

How about pictures of the dogs in the truck??

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home