Sunday, December 26, 2004

Frustrations

Yes there is more to life than honey and trees, birds and bees, and sometimes it is unpleasant and many times just plain frustrating. I am a planner, I know this I acknowledge this (sometimes even publicly), I am also the one always prepared. How many people do you know travel with a portable flashlight? Carry rubber gloves in case someone has a medical problem in public, or has half their trunk half filled with emergency supplies. Actually almost every medic and fireman in CA, but besides them very few. I don’t ask much in other people, I know I am a typical, not the norm. When friends and I plan to go out I am the one that tends to plan and make arrangements knowing full well things might change at the last minute and hey that’s just Jake. But what irks me, what really pulls my chain, is when people make plans for something and then don’t show up. Don’t call, don’t email, nothing. Twice this weekend I have had plans broken only one friend actually called. Now I know things come up, many times I am the one breaking engagements with others, it happens to all of us, but do your friends a favor. Call them, text message them, do something. Don’t leave them hanging. It is rude and damn right annoying. Is the frustration from Saturday still that apparent?

On a completely different note, do you know the etymology of the word Cardigan (as in the article of clothing)? It is actually from Lord Cardigan who lead the British in the Crimean wars. The public copied the outfit he wore as he lead his troops and called it a Cardigan. Ladies, don’t be too proud of it, history will reveal that Lord Cardigan was less than a stellar leader, rather he was mostly senile and was known to hurt more of his own troops through stupidity than from Russian defenses. Ahh such is the history of fashion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home