Thursday, December 23, 2004

Shop till you drop!

So first, as a good Midwestern boy from WI I have to say it is challenging to get into the Holiday spirit when it is 65 degrees and bright sunny days all the time. Sunny CA just doesn’t make it feel like the holidays. Where is that 6 inches of snow, the fireplace, snow angels, hot apple cider and curling up on the couch with a good movie and good friends or family? Oh well I guess I will just have to deal as I walk around this weekend in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.

Speaking of holidays, I had not completed my holiday shopping last weekend (a small cold, see earlier blog) so was forced, kicking and screaming to that soul searching place where more prayers are said than a Italian church the day before the Godfather showings. Yes I am referring to the mall 3 days before Christmas. Ahh, Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas…The kids are screaming, the mothers and running for gifts, the dads are loosing their cool, and grandparents just happy to make it to another season. It was not the busiest I have ever seen the mall, but it was crowded enough to make walking difficult, but there was a kind of camaraderie going around. Like all of us last minute shoppers there was a kind of group encouragement to help each other out in our time of need. There was an electricity in the air as people jumped over counters to get to the last remaining gifts on a shelf marked SALE, PRICED TO SELL! But you will be happy to know after five some hours, my shopping is complete! I am ready to wrap, mail and relax. Maybe a cup of fresh cider cooked in mulling spices anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home