Thursday, February 24, 2005

OHHH S**T

Last night I was in a fairly mellow mood. I was cleaning my apartment for the impending arrival of my family who are spending the weekend. I was burning some candles, playing some fun music and just overall enjoying a quiet evening (for once not working). Toward the latter part of the evening I moved onto one of my favorite parts of the evening (and this should show you how pathetic my life can be), that being a nice warm shower. I am in the shower and after the business of cleaning it is time to just let your cares melt away under the very warm water and the steam enveloping the enclosed shower area. Letting the water massage your shoulders and neck and just letting those muscles relax and droop. I am in this state of relaxation when CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG. Fire alarm goes off. First thought is that I need to go respond to an alarm like I am at work. But no the alarm is wrong and wait I am not at work. Ok so what could it be? Wait I have a fire alarm at my house, oh shoot maybe my candles starting something on fire. So I jump out of the shower, barely grabbing the towel as I barrel out of the bathroom dripping water all over the carpet. Looking every where, no flames no smoke. Huh? Well this alarm is getting really annoying, I think I need to tear this device off the ceiling and silence it. That accomplished with the help of a kitchen chair, I am exploring the apartment, which is not that large keep in mind. I finally determine that the steam from the shower, went out the open door of the bathroom (when you live alone you never close doors) and I believe set off the alarm. So keep in mind that this deep thinking is happening as I am clutching a very small hand towel to my privates and dripping wet. By this point the mood is lost, I retreat to the bathroom to turn off the shower and dry off properly. I then spend the next 25 minutes trying to put the fire detector back on the ceiling (duct tape came to mind multiple times) the wonderful relaxing mood absolutely gone. Well it certainly makes for an eventful evening and a great adrenalin rush.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Dude, you have me giggling out loud here. I mean, sorry it happened to you and all that blah blah, but DAMN that's funny. :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Silly naked boy. While I understand perfectly the lack of any need to close doors when you live alone, you always, I repeat always close the door while showering. Not because if you don't some scene out of Psycho is going to happen to you, but because that way you trap the steam from the shower in the bathroom, and all of a sudden when you finish your shower it is like stepping into a sauna. I guess you have just live in CA too long and have forgotten your WI roots.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home