Sunday, March 06, 2005

Don’t go into that closet!

So as I lay here in agony and pain (I know a little melodramatic, but it is kinda fun) I reflect on my day. Lets back up, for whatever reason my cold or flu has returned wit ha vengeance. Upset that I defeated it on a prior engagement, it returned with friends to reap havoc on my body. But alas it is no match for me, for I have the ring of power.

Which leads to me second point, can you guess what I have done for the day? What else do you do when stuck on a couch when it is perfectly nice outside without energy or motivation? You watch 34 hours straight of Lord Of the Rings. Well even I could not do that, so I only decided to watch the final chapter of the trilogy which in and of itself was a mere 4 ½ hours. Yes short and sweet it was not. But like many people around the world, I have sent this work of cinematic art on a prior occasion, and yet I find myself biting my nails and giving advice to Frodo Baggins as he walks that eternal walk. I am happy to announce (I am about to give away ending so skip to next paragraph if you have not seen movie) that Frodo does destroy the ring of power and all is right in the world (phew). I would like to think it is partly through my aid and guidance he made it into Mordor and was able to destroy the ring. (Hey leave me in my febrile seizure fantasy, especially if it includes Liv Tyler).

I am also pleased to announce that I have finished my annual chore to the US government and have completed my taxes. President Bush you may sleep more soundly tonight knowing a check from yours truly is on the way to your banker. As for you Governator, you owe me, so nah nah nah (boy do I feel both eloquent and sophisticated). It would be so much easier to be honest if the government just turned and said hey you, yeah you, you owe me X dollars. I would be good with that. Instead of all that calculations and craziness that went with the filing. Ok maybe this is just me complaining. This is now me stopping. So for all those who have yet to do your taxes, good luck! Time is wasting. For all you who finished before……Showoffs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home