Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The saga continues

I was too tired to write this yesterday since I didn’t get home till 1:00am last night, and although I am not much more rested I am at least on so much caffeine I can type. On the way home from the airport my taxi driver decides to drive inside a construction area on the highway and got pulled over by the cops. This is exactly what I needed after a long day, it was interesting to say the least.

Now Hilton be aware that I am a full Gold member for multiple years now, but be on notice I might have to change that to Starwood. I am staying at a Westin and luxury has a new middle name. First a feather bed with all down comforter, pillows, duvet and Egyptian cotton sheets make it far superior to my bed, although last night I think a metal chair would have looked like a blessing to sleep in. This morning I wake up and with barely open my eyes jump into the shower. As water is cascading over my body something hits me (mentally) I am getting a much better shower than I ever have. I turn around, there are two shower heads on simultaneously (presumably a his and hers shower head) and the shower curtain rod is concave to provide more room. Hey major props for one of the best showers I have had in a hotel in years. Yeah I might just be easy to impress, but impress me you have.

The other cool thing about today as I am attending this sales summit is meeting some people I did work for over a year ago. In my capacity I provided design and technical assistance but never really saw the eventual outcome of my work. Here I ran into a couple of people that used those designs to deploy technology over an entire city. Now how cool is that. So besides exhausted and completely stressed I do have that really good feeling going on.

The only thing that is overshadowing that feeling is this ‘friend’ of mine that I sold my car too. Now I have bought three used cars in CA and it has always been my responsibility as the buyer to get it smog checked. Well I sold my car under the same impression and now she is hounding me telling me it is my responsibility especially since she took it in someplace and it apparently failed (by the way it has passed every year I have had it). So now she is calling me (never leaving me messages by the way) at all hours of the day and sending emails. I guess this is why you never sell to people you know and try to be a good guy by making them a deal. I guess we chalk it up to those life experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home