Sunday, February 12, 2006

Smarter by the second

So I have finally evolved out of the days of yore and into the new generation to discover what all the hype is about. Have you discovered podcasts? This is a relatively type of broadcasting technique where people can record a series of audio broadcasts that you can subscribe to on itunes. Every time you open the program or plug your ipod to your computer it will automagically download the latest programs. When you weed through the garage bands and people spouting rhetoric you can find some real gems. BBC, NPR, and even the discovery channel have yielded great reporting that I can selectively tune to during workouts or walks around the city. Haven’t you always wanted to get smarter while simply riding a stationary bike or stretching the spine in yoga? Now here is your opportunity. I am even going so far as to listen to Bush’s weekly presidential radio sessions. If you haven’t checked this out and have an ipod I highly recommend it. Fear not there is more than just nerd programming on here, indeed there is comedy, movie gossip and even for some of you erotic literature readings. So happy listening.

This weekend was spent helping a friend move and was having just a leisurely Sunday when I decided maybe it was a good time to back-up my computer. I connect my computer to my massive USB external drive that houses years worth of backups, pictures, music files and all else when I get the fatal I/O error, Drive can not be read. Oh fair lord, don’t do this to me. Hours spent trying to restore access to the drive yielded nothing more than a bit of stress and a loss of an afternoon. Although not the end of the world, nor am I giving up, I am more than a bit frustrated, just goes to show nothing is forever, even digital data.

Now moving out of nerd talk for just a second you know what very special date is rapidly approaching? Yes you heard it here first, singles appreciation day the other name for Valentine’s Day is in just 3days. So get out your chocolate, flowers and e-cards for the ones you love. If you have no one to send to, find a friend or even your mother to send a card to, they rarely hear how much of an impact they make in your life and that you appreciate them. Alas this year I was unable to spend it on the road, unlike the past three years where I have successfully spent the day out of my home state many times a few miles above the ground in my own little warm cocoon. In fact I believe it was two years ago when I actually got a beautiful Valentine’s Day gift from the cute and adorable, Ms. United Airlines. Yes they found out that their 1k was on a cross-country flight and actually put an entire gift basket onboard to present to me somewhere over the middle of the country. Well no such luck this year, I fear Ms. United will have to find another man.

Until later have a great Sunday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home