Thursday, February 09, 2006

Was that in my pocket?

Now that life has started to return to normal I return to the normal yet still humorous anecdotes of my life. During this interesting period over the past two weeks I was actually awarded a large promotion at work which comes with it a vast amount of responsibility and visibility. Partly due to that and partly simply to not having gone shopping for quite some time, about three weeks ago I purchased three new suits for the first time in 5 years. This suits make me look both dashing and debonair if I do say so myself. Well today I had one of my seven executive presentations for the week for a room full of senior executives. Every presentation they had seen that day was given by a VP or above from my company and then you have little Matthew coming in in his dashing new suit to present and stand toe to toe with the big wigs. I like to think I held up with an air of sophistication and maturity, and just on my exit did I lose it all. I shake hands on the way out and reach into my pocket to grab my business cards and what falls out on the floor right at the customer’s feet? A nice red tag identifying my suit as on sale! A good laugh was had by all, I might speak like a VP but am certainly not paid like one.

Life is continuing to move in the fast lane with more work than I can shake a stick at, but I am genuinely enjoying what I am doing even if it means I have absolutely no downtime on a daily basis. It’s nice to have some level of autonomy and more importantly some authority, although I am certainly hoping for a bit of sleep one of these nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home