Sunday, January 23, 2005

No Regrets

Sitting home watching a movie that I have been told by countless people and a very special person I must watch. It epitomizes the root of emotions, of selflessness, and caring beyond measure. Maybe that is why I love movies so much, they can hit you at just the right time when you needed to see something that helps you understand your own life. It’s a mirror that helps us to see what we just can not see without a little help, or maybe help us to see something we so desperately want to see but are simply too scared to approach. We are so wrapped up in our day that we don’t see the month, the year, the decade, or the life. What a gift it is to be able to experience what we sometimes only dream about in those dear moments when we can not remember. Sometimes there are things we need to let go of, it is hard, it hurts, but hey its life, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. But may we all live however short or long without a single regret, feeling confident in our actions, our past, ourselves.

You know it’s interesting we look at people in our lives and we want to emulate them, sometimes without regard for the type of person they are outside of the singular environment we know them in. But shouldn’t we hold our heroes to a higher standard? I have written at this very location how sometimes I regret the actions I have taken not because it goes against my values, but because they are directly in-line and sometimes that just isn’t the most fun. I have wondered what it would be like to not care as much. But then, something happens, and you look back and you say, I am perfectly happy with that. I don’t necessarily know who I am, but I of what I know, I am happy with. Look around you, good friends, good family, (both of which are so hard to find at times), good food, good work, good challenges, good obstacles, all of this makes life so much fun. So jump out off your couch, and take measure of what you have, who you are, or where you are going. If you don’t like, CHANGE IT! If you do like it, thank those who have helped along the road and keep on trucking! And most of all, never to be forgotten, No Regrets, Carpe Diem!

For those of you who wonder what movie I was watching, alone, in the dark, curled under a blanket on this quiet Sunday night. It is Meet Joe Black. Probably not the most monumental of movies ever made, but hit the right nerve at the right time. Have a good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan Pedretti said...

Carpe Diem. How I wish we all felt free to truly follow this idea! Somehow, politics, group-mentality, and difficulty, seem to get in the way.

Let's all keep working to reach our ideals!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home