Monday, January 17, 2005

Wear on you?

So I though things are supposed to get less exciting over time? Well so far the car has not yet started to wear on me. Waking up at 5:30am, and believe it or not it is cold out here in CA. Dressed for the gym in shorts and t-shirt which always makes sense when it is 50 degrees. I get into the car and immediately turn on the seat warmers and set the internal climate control to a cozy 72 degrees. A few short minutes later I am nice and toasty warm. Sometimes the simplest things in life are well just that simple. Who knew that having a warm bottom would be so nice, I guess babies have it right and we just train them out of what feels good.

So I had a debate with my father the other day. Is it better to be an adult or a kid? As an adult you have to all these like adult things like dealing with money, and houses, and cars. However as an adult you get all kinds of fun toys, ipods, nice cars, and even an apartment. As a kid none of the harsh realities of life, and life is so much more simple. As my father said, but the dating life is better as an adult, personally I beg to differ, better as a college kid. So what do you think, better as a kid or an adult?

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Who says you can't have both ?

I am an adult, a software engineer, a wife, and a homeowner. I do grocery shopping every week, scrub toilets and clean the kitchen. Yet my husband and I find great enjoyment in indulging in the various video games at Dave and Busters and playing with his remote-control trucks. Softball (often seen as a kids' game) is one of my great passions in life. I still love (and always will) a long, loud night of dancing to awesome music with like-minded people. Who says my age must get in the way of that ?

Being an adult has its downfalls, its stress, its responsibilities and commitments. But it does not mean that one is trapped in a cage, resigned to a life of PTA meetings, carpools, bad movies on cable TV and shopping for toilet brushes at Wal-Mart.

Adults have a way of allowing external factors and/or family pressures to suck the life, creativity and passion out of them. This is not the fault of adult life itself; it is the choice (conscious or not) of the individual.

I choose to live my life with passion and dedication to the various sports, activities and people that surround me. I have not forgotten how to let loose and have fun. If I ever do, a serious time-out will be required. Life is a mere shadow of itself if not explored, pursued, enjoyed and shared.

Especially over some low-fat ice cream, a good friend, and a scintillating game of Ms. Pac-Man.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home