Friday, January 14, 2005

The pit in the stomach

No I am not starving in sympathy for those in Indonesia (although not a bad idea), my dearest and closest companion is the source of that pit. Yes my computer had to receive mouth to mouth resuscitation and has barely survived the ordeal. On Tuesday of this week through promiscuous conversations on email, or quarantined web sites, my computer received the flu. For every sneeze the poor thing would lock up, for every cough it would blue screen and the fever caused data files to become corrupted. Alas not a good thing from start to finish. A full wide down of the hard drive taking 12 hours (not including reinstalling all the applications), fixed the cough and sneezing, but failed to bring down that fever. Open heart surgery that replaced the system board was required to finally cleanse my friend and bring her back to me. Ok all you people who think I am crazy, think about it. Who else is always with you on those wet and cold Friday nights when you are home watching movies curled up on your couch? Who is always (or at least usually) willing to respond to your every command? I mean come on, can’t that be used to define your friend? Yeah I didn’t think so either, but it made for some interesting analogies.

Ahh the joy of having a job I can sink my teeth into again. Yes I have more work that can be handled in an 8 hour day, but it is new and exciting and fun. So I am stoked. Stay tuned for future updates.

For those still wondering about the car, alas I have not found the car that has screamed my name yet (if I keep waiting for that I might be waiting for awhile). I drove the Honda CRV and boy what a boring car that is. The Toyota RAV-4, really didn’t do anything for me either. So now back to the drawing board and try driving a couple of others this weekend. I know I know I need to make a decision soon, thankfully soon is a relative value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home