Monday, March 14, 2005

A very small world

I am at 33,000 feet above the Atlantic Ocean on a direct flight to the Motherland (literally). Yes I am on my back to England where I have not yet been invited for tea with the queen or any other members of the royal family. I am sure it was an oversight from their PR department. Thankfully United was kind enough to upgrade me to business where I have enjoyed stimulating conversations with the flight staff consisting of where is the bathroom and what is for dinner. Movie selections have been kind to me with two selections from Disney (Incredibles and Princess Diaries 2), I could not be happier. So from the air this is Matthew saying sleep well in your beds, and holler if you want any fish and chips or better yet, Bangers and Mash.

Maybe 50 minutes before landing I finally strike up a conversation with the bloke next to me. He has been reading books on WWII planes so I had to ask about it. Turns out he is paying to have one restored so he can fly it. Very cool. So then I ask what he does for a living. Marketing, interesting so do I. What type of company? Telecommunications. Funny so do I. Yeah turns out he is one of the Senior VPs in marketing in my group. It gets even funnier, there are 5 SVPs including mine on the flight. Mine was actually hoping to get business and got bumped by me! Can we say career limiting move!! OOPS. Did he know it was me? Well he did as we walked out and he is like Matthew, what are you doing here, and what are you doing in front? Well at least it was a comfortable flight. All I have to say is it is a very small world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home