Monday, August 29, 2005

Are there any good places left?

Is there nothing more fun than scouring a city to find the perfect domicile? Yes the better part of this weekend was spent searching almost a dozen apartments for the perfect one. The good news is I think I found the region I want to live in which would be Upper Market/Castro district. Although probably the largest gay population on the face of the earth per square meter, it is also an area with the most number of restaurants, bars, and coffee shops, aka social life. So here is what I found which is not much of a surprise for city apartments, great locations come with absolutely tiny apartments usually without windows and appear to have once been the bedroom closet for the house. Apartments far away tend to have more space and at least room to fit a bed. Yeah I know not much of a surprise but a bit challenging to find a mix of location and quality at the same time. One place had a reasonable location and definite size, except the entire house was on maybe a 5% to 10% grade (and apparently growing only slightly yearly). I could just see myself sliding off my bed in the middle of the night.

Interestingly I think the market is back out of my favor, at each open house there were often over a dozen people waiting to see the place. In fact we began to see the same people at each open house, even offered to start carpooling to save precious gas. However the quest continues as I did not find the perfect place, but I have faith that I will eventually conquer all odds and find the perfect apartment, or at least a reasonable one.

That was a majority of my weekend, except for a good friend of mine inviting me out to drinks on Saturday night, you guess it in the city. Thankfully someone else drove, but we hit a couple of bars and I really think I am making the right decision, the drive back after drinking just stinks! There has been so much stress this past month for so many of us, I think we all just needed an evening off to just let our hair down. And boy did we let it down. I think I will just leave the description with that, drunk moments do not need to get added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home