Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Flush it all out

Went for a physical today and you will all be happy to know I am in relatively perfect health. Granted I need to go to the gym a little more and probably cut out a little more of the fatty foods but what else is new. The interesting part of the exam came when he felt it was prudent to flush out my ears as I am not actually losing my hearing just have some wax build-up. I tried to tell him that every time I felt like there was something in my ear I was worried my brains would leak out so I would push it back, but he assures me that no it is not my brains. Phew, I was worried. Anyway they come in with this bottle of tap water connected to a tiny hose that goes into your ear. Then the nurse says, “Hold On” and away she goes. It is like a little tornado in your ear, the weirdest feeling in the world. At the end she asks if I would like to see what came out? Ummm, yeah I think I will pass thanks. So if you are ever bored when you go to the doctor or just want to feel you got a little more for your money, go ahead and ask for an ear cleaning.

Wanted to try to pass on an amusing anecdote to amuse while I now reflect on everything else going on. Another one of my co-workers who was diagnosed for breast cancer is having to go back in for surgery as they have found more lumps in both sides. To say she is scared is an understatement. The only thing we can do is be supportive and pray. This has been an incredibly hard year and I just wonder what else we have in store. I am not sure how much else we can all take in our group. Tomorrow will help bring some closure with Ben, although I am close to exhaustion. The preparations have been extensive but I think it is going to be a wonderful service, very cheery (or as cheery as we can make such an event), and very child oriented. I only hope it brings some measure of peace to the rest of the family and friends.

I would like to write more, but to be honest, I need to double check the 500 picture slide show, arrange the music and a hundred other loose ends, more after tomorrow. God Bless everyone and tell a loved one how much you care for them tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home