Monday, September 05, 2005

Family Trip

Sometimes it just takes a couple of days away with family to help clear the head and help the heart. Well this weekend was just that, I flew down to Florida for a small party for my sister who has been abroad for the past year working for a non-profit group saving the world. Family from as far north as Hartford and Baltimore came down and spent some time both on the side of the pool as well as around the dining room table. It was good to get away, it was great to be around family as crazy as they can be at times!

On the way home talking to the stewardesses (one of my favorite pastimes when traveling as it gets me out of the cramped seats for a little while) they estimated my age to be between 34 and 36. Although promising it is not because I look old, just act very mature. Oh good! Aren’t people always supposed to guess ages lower, even if you know it to be a lie?

A woman I was talking to in the ocean (meeting random people in the ocean is an interesting activity especially in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale region) I estimated her age to be 28 whereas in reality is was closer to 44 years of age. Oops. However she really did look exceptionally young for her age, maybe that came with her profession as a professional exotic dancer she clearly took care of herself. Either way it is amazing who you can meet randomly by just saying hi to someone. Ever wonder about stories of others when you just take the time to talk to them? Honestly it is pretty interesting.

So now I am back in town for three days before heading on out again this time to Orlando for another show. I did find out that my company was able to send 50 specific tech volunteers out to New Orleans to help with the relief effort which is why I was not activated over the weekend. They are looking for another shift to go probably in October so more on that later I guess. The great news is that so many people are offering to help both locally and abroad. That is what being a citizen of your country really means, makes you proud when you realize the true generosity of people to others.

I will continue my apartment hunting this week, in the evenings which will really give a taste of the commute. Probably could not have picked a worst time considering the gas prices going up as they are, but better late than never.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coral Bay marina plan prompts CZM action
Long-vacant positions on the St. John Coastal Zone Management Commission have been filled by three appointments made by the Governor, according to the St.
Just thought I would add somethng to this blog since I actually got here by mistake. Great blog though!
If you want to check out my site, it has to do with forum guaranteed internet marketing success. Basically, I put together a course to provide proven, profitable maketing for forum guaranteed internet marketing success on the Internet.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home